Thursday, July 19, 2007

Heeeeelp!

I am so tired that I find myself thinking in circles and talking crap.  Okay, maybe i'm just looking for an excuse to 'talk crap' because it's something i do relatively often...ok it's something i do ALL THE TIME.

That's totally beside the point.

So, what I want to know is:-  Who can help me??

I've got a 15 month old son, Daniel, he is an absolute cherub...BUT he is a little green devil-monster and night.  He goes to sleep with relative ease, but then.....he starts to grow horns and wakes up at round about 12 and then he is a right royal pain in the ass.  Unfortunately, he won't go to sleep without having a little drinkie-poo at the mobile-milk bar (me). Which is ok, except now he doesn't want to leave the mobile milk bar, he just wants to stay attached to it all night long, and as soon as I move away from him, he sits up in bed, points at my bosoms and then wails, desperately like he's being murdered.  Which means that i am getting, at best 2 hours sleep a night.    There is just no way i can sleep which he is sucking on me!  I wake up feeling like i've had micro-abrasion on my nipples!!

His latest trick is, after being fed, to pretend to be asleep in my arms, at which point i pop him back in his bed, then he sits up, points at our bed, throws his head back and waaaails like only Dan Dan can wail, until he's in our bed and then he requests a little drinkie, by, very subtly, pulling my Pjyama top down!  What a F&*()ing liberty!!

Yes, i have tried dummies, he can projectile spit them across the room.

Yes, i have tried bottles, he is NOT into bottles, he refuses, buttons up his mouth and screams blue murder.

If my husband picks him up at night when he wakes up, he screams and throws a massive wobbly. 

We don't agree with 'controlled crying'. 

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Please?

*rocks self gently*

DSC00228

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have to be cruel to be kind! i know it sucks,but if you don't you'll still be breast-feeding him when he's 10! remember you make the rules not him, at the moment he does just what he likes and you allow it. ofcourse he's going to cry, like hell! when you change the rules, but stick to it, it'll take about a week of crying endlessly and even vomiting (i sound cruel) but you have to change this pattern...it's not going to change by itself. good luck!!

that SAHM i am said...

I just found your post quite by accident and wanted to offer up some comradie at least. I hope you are getting some sleep now. I had the exact same problem with my son. He wanted to be attached on the breast ALL night. I got to the point I wanted to scream! I had to wean him at 14 months because I was pregnant and very sick. As I tried to wean him he cried hysterically everytime we even went near a bed, it took me 3 days to wean him. It was awful but we do not agree with controlled crying either. I discovered that if we did not try to put him to bed he was fine. So, I ended up staying up all night with him the second night and a looong time the third night. He did not cry during those times he was happy and that second night he would try to breast feed and I would say no and re-direct him to something else. By the morning he would fall asleep and we would sleep that day. By the fourth day he did not even remember about breast feeding and that night I was able to put him to bed with a story. Sometimes he would wake up and it would be difficult to sooth him but even that did not last long. I hope that helps you. My blog (which is very new) is that-sahm-i-am.blogspot.com come by sometime if you like.