Sunday, March 25, 2007

Renoir Bisque.....vs PIENK.....

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai theeere....

Our kitchen cupboards are being installed tomorrow *clair prays for no rain*. I have been living without a kitchen for like a week now and quite frankly it's enough. I know that i still have another week left, but at least there will be something happening in there!! I never realised how much i use the kitchen until it was gone! Although having an 'outdoor' fridge has certainly helped wto curb snacking, getting up and going OUTSIDE to get something to eat when you feel a 'bit snacky' is just not happening. Also having to wait for the dishwasher for a recepticle to eat the snack off kind of kills the mood.

So, back to the origional topic....the paint saga. Today is Sunday, and the builder sent in one poor lonely painter to paint the kitchen ready for the cupboards to be installed tomorrow. So off he goes, merrily painting the ceiling and the airvents in white and then he removed all the screws from the walls and put some of that polly-filler stuff in them and sanded them all down nicely and then he went and got the tin of 'renoir bisque' which the building supervisor dude had mixed for me and poured it into the tray.

I stood for a few minutes and squited at the tray. (because of course, when you squint or narrow your eyes it changes your vision entirely) I then went to the tin of paint and looked at the swatch on top of the lid. It was kind of like renoir bisque but it just didn't look right. So i stood for about 10 minutes watching the poor guy painting away merrily and then it hit me. PIENK. They had taken my paint codes for Renoir Bisque and had added FLIPPEN PINK TO IT. It looked horrendous!

I called Ewan (who gets orange and pink mixed up so probably not the wisest choice - but never mind) to have a look and we opened up my tin of the real renoir bisque and put the new fake one next to it and it was completely obvious even to Ewan that they are different.

*scream*

Luckily i had one tin of renoir bisque leftover from painting the bedroom, so the painter could use it to paint the kitchen ready for tomorrow morning. Although, it would help if he had actually finished the painting. *sigh*

Now the poor building contractor guy is going to have to take all the paint back and is going to have to get it mixed correctly. I just don't believe it.

I can just see him coming back with 90000 paint samples and none of them being the real thing.
How can it possibly be so difficult to take the codes from the paint, mix them up and get the right colour??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE????

or am i the one with the problem???

*sniff*

2 comments:

Ewan said...

Most guys only see in 16 colours, explains our fashion sense now that I think about it...

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.