Thursday, May 3, 2007

If it could go wrong - it did.....

Yesterday was one of those dreadful days.

It started out with me going to sleep at about 4am (thanks to tenacious D)and then being woken up by my alarm clock at 5:15. Yes that's just 1 hour and fifteen minutes sleep. Really great.

I then had to rush Ewan off to plantations and then rush Caleb to school and rush to the shop and RUSH home again (are you sensing a pattern here?) to get back for my mom's group meeting which was held at my house.

Mom's group meeting was really nice and the highlight of my week. I just love sitting with other people in the same proverbial, boat as me.

Then i got a phonecall from my husband. My domestic worker passed away yesterday morning, leaving behind 2 teenage daughters. It just hit me like a flippen ton of bricks had been dropped onto my head. The two girls have no idea what was wrong with their mother. She refused to tell them, which makes me wonder if she wasn't HIV+. She went for a test apparently which was negative, but then they sent her for a CD4 count...which they only do if you're HIV positive? In anycase it doesn't matter what she died of, the point is she is now gone and i miss her terrible english and strange sense of humour and even her annoying habits. I am so worried now about her daughters, it SUCKS that some people can be so rich that they have money pouring out of their bums and then there are some people who have, literally nothing.

I went to my mother's house in the afternoon for a bit of company, arrived there at about 2 and she was about as sympathetic as jelly-fish. My father is still not speaking to me - all because i go to their house. I went to the shop to get stuff for dinner and couldn't find anything that i wanted. Went to pick up Ewan from work at about 5:00pm....the N2 was closed due to a cash-in-transit heist....i found that out, when i had JUST got onto the N2. Luckily i could get off at Umgeni Road, i got horribly lost and wanted to burst into tears at the poor petrol attendant who i asked for directions. I eventually got to Ewan's office after 6, had to go the LOOONG way home (we all ready live about 40km's from Ewan's office anyway) which means we got to Hillcrest after 7 and then as we went past the Hillcrest turn off, we got stopped by another accident. We got home at about 7:20 (that's 2 hours 20 minutes in the car with the boys) and then they got bathed and got to bed. I just felt so completely drained.

Today i'm still feeling so sad about my domestic worker. It really just sucks.

p.s I have just discovered that the groceries i bought for yesterday for dinner tonight are past their sell-by date. It is now about 8 o clock. I think i will go and set-fire to my hair now.

2 comments:

Tirone said...

i'm sorry to hear such sad news :(

i'm sure she was touched by you in her life, as you were by her in different ways.

take care of yourself *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hey Clair

That is really sad, but it's good to see that you have such a heart for the suffering of others.

On the bright side, I hear that setting your hair alight is all the rage now. ;)