Monday, April 23, 2007

What a kak day.

Today has been one of those days where i actually just wish i could have stayed in bed all day.  (Obviously that would involve attaching my children to the bed somehow so they couldn't run off and stick their fingers in plugs or anything.) 

I suppose, it wasn't actually that bad when i think about it now...but still i just feel like having a bit of a moan.

My domestic worker (not that she is actually any good anyway.) hasn't been to work for a month.  She is ill.  She has a mate who comes and works for me a couple of days a week while my lady is off and today she was busy.  Which means that i woke up and like threw myself into housework.  My amazing husband takes Dan with on the school run so that i get 30 minutes of 'no-kid in the house' time.  Usually i spend it making my breakfast, and Dan's and showering and getting dressed and drying my hair.  You know all the things that mom's don't get to do anymore!  This morning i spent it frantically putting on washing and unloading the dishwasher etc etc.  I also spent Dan's naptime tidying and cleaning and sorting washing.  I don't really mind but i have spent a month doing it myself and i'm over it now.  In fact, i am avoiding a mile-high pile of ironing that is taunting me as we speak.

Soo, then off i go to do the shopping etc which is always the highlight of my otherwise dull day.  Then i picked up Caleb from school, and had a hilarious conversation with him on the way to my mom's house.  I don't really like being alone in the afternoons, i get very lonely and very bored without any other adult person to talk to, so i try go to my mom's when i don't have a domestic worker.  My parent's don't really appreciate this.  *sigh*  I spent the whole day feeling like i was a complete nuisance.  My dad didn't talk to me for the whole afternoon and whenever my mother did, she was just all like grumpy with me.  I don't know why.  Grandparents are supposed to *want* you to come over.  So that made me sad.  I don't understand why it always has to be like a fight when i need them.  I help them whenever i can, in fact, even when they don't ask for help i will go out of my way to do nice stuff for them.  Ag bla bla bla listen to me whinge.

Anyway, the one excellent thing that happened today was Caleb wearing undies ALL AFTERNOON!!  Hooray.  I am so proud of the little guy.  He wee'd in the toilet like such a little star and was soo proud of himself.  He finishes weeing and then shakes his 'bit' and states loudly 'There is no more wee in my bit!' and then toddles off feeling happy.  What a cutey.

So then i get home and made dinner (lamb chops, cauliflower and pumpkin mash' and i decided to get really smart and make supper for tomorrow night while i was cooking (butternut soup).  So i got it on the stove and while i'm cooking i discover that i have frozen my LAST two litre coke light (that stuff is like gold, i'm SO annoyed at myself) anyway.  Then we start eating and the soup smells great, and then, it stops smelling great...........

I'm getting a new pot for my birthday on Wednesday!!

The perfect end, to the perfect day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clair, your post made me laugh (and want to cry at the same time). I also had small kids and was trapped at home feeling bored and useless. (Now, ten years later, I have big kids and am at home feeling bored and useless, lol!). No one who hasn't had small kids understands how depressing and lonely it can be... sterkte doll.
Juno

PS That picture of the veg you made looks a bit dodgy. Why, for fuck's sake, are you boiling the veg? Put them in the microwave for 3 minutes, with a dash of soy sauce and some olive oil, and you'll have them all eating out of your hands.

Anonymous said...

P.S. You're getting A POT for your birthday? Hell, no, girl! At the very least perfume, and failing that, a book.

PPS I didn't mean to be rude about your veg. They just looked sort of.. cabbagey. :-)

Clair said...

Thanks juno! Being a mom is rewarding and unrewarding all at once! The revolving veg pic was my disaster attempt at Butternut soup. I forgot about it and burnt it to smitherenes, destroying my pot along with it! Hence the new pot for my birthday, Hehe. Maybe its not a pot i need, maybe its just pot?